If you make a purchase using our affiliate links, we may earn a commission. Learn more about it here. As digital and traditional marketing efforts continue to grow, the demand for original music and beats is also increasing. Beats are not only used for music production, but also in YouTube videos, movies, TV shows, and other applications. Selling beats online has become a profitable venture for many music producers, and if you’re considering entering this industry, there are several ways to get started and make money.
Can You Make Money Selling Beats?
Absolutely! Selling beats is a thriving niche in the music industry, with numerous successful beat-selling businesses catering to various commercial needs. By starting an online beat-selling business, you can generate income through advertisers, content creators, and others looking for original music.
How to Sell Beats Online
Selling beats online is a relatively easy process, thanks to the many available platforms designed to facilitate beat sales. Here’s how you can get started:
1. Create a beat: Begin by honing your beat-making skills and creating professional beats in different genres suitable for a wide audience. Consider the mood and emotion you want to convey through your beats.
2. Select a beat platform: After creating your beats, research different beat marketplaces to find one that aligns with your genre and target audience. Look for platforms that attract music artists or cater to specific commercial uses.
3. Upload your beat: Once you’ve chosen a platform, upload your beat and start selling. Enhance the discoverability of your beats by adding relevant tags and detailed descriptions to help potential buyers determine if your beat suits their needs.
How to Price Beats for Sale
Pricing your beats will depend on factors such as the number of beats you upload and your goal to sell them quickly. Here are some tips for competitive pricing:
1. Offer a free beat: Providing a free beat can help build awareness and attract repeat customers who appreciate your services and skills.
2. Research the market: Look at what other beat makers are charging for their beats to get an idea of competitive pricing in your genre and track length.
3. Consider usage: Identify the most popular uses for your beats (e.g., YouTube channels, commercials, etc.) and price accordingly, offering relevant products to attract potential buyers.
Best Platforms for Selling Beats Online
If you’re looking to start selling beats online, there are several platforms where you can connect with customers. Here are some of the top options:
1. Beatstars: One of the largest beat marketplaces offering various audio formats, exclusive beats, and publishing options. Subscriptions start at $5.99.
2. Airbit: Connects music producers and customers, providing a vast catalog and licensing options. Subscription costs $7.99.
3. Audiojungle: Specializes in royalty-free music and audio tracks that can be easily purchased.
4. PremiumBeat: Curated catalog of royalty-free music and sound effects, searchable by mood and genre.
5. Create your own website: Essential for growing your beat-selling business, allowing you to offer multiple licensing options and promote your brand.
6. Audiodraft: Offers original beats for brands seeking unique soundscapes, using a combination of human listening and AI support.
7. Traktrain: A platform tailored for beat makers specializing in specific genres like hip hop, pop, and EDM.
How Much Money Can You Make Selling Beats?
By uploading your beats to multiple platforms, you can potentially earn up to $10,000 or more per month. Consistency, easy discoverability, and offering various audio files can increase your sales. Providing free beats can also help grow your business and establish yourself as a creator in the market.
How to Find Buyers for Your Beats
To find customers interested in buying your beats, you can utilize various marketing strategies, including:
1. Social media: Promote your beats on platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to attract potential buyers.
2. Networking: Connect with music artists, content creators, and industry professionals who may be interested in purchasing your beats.
3. Collaborations: Partner with artists or other producers to create hit songs and gain exposure to their fanbase.
4. SEO-optimized website: Optimize your website with relevant keywords and content to increase organic traffic and attract potential buyers.
Selling beats online offers excellent earning potential for music producers, and with the right platform, pricing, and marketing strategies, you can build a successful beat-selling business.