# Smart Hustle Recap: Small Business Week Events + 3 Amazing Interviews
Small Business Week is here! It’s time to celebrate and learn how to grow your small business with a series of events and webinars hosted by the Small Business Association (SBA). In this Smart Hustle Recap, we will cover the main events and share three amazing interviews that can teach you about new technology, business growth, and the importance of follow-ups.
## Small Business Week Events
The SBA is running a special series of Small Business Week events, including live events (with live streaming online) and webinars to educate small business owners. However, many other companies are joining in on the fun with their own events, including contests, promotions, training, and dedicated content. Here are some of the main events:
– [National Small Business Week Virtual Conference](https://www.sba.gov/nsbw/virtual-conference) – May 7-8, 2019
– [Social Media Day](https://www.sba.gov/national-small-business-week/social-media-day) – May 7, 2019
– [#SmallBusinessWeek Twitter Chat](https://www.sba.gov/national-small-business-week/smallbusinessweek-twitter-chat) – May 7, 2019
– [Small Business Week Hackathon](https://www.sba.gov/national-small-business-week/small-business-week-hackathon) – May 4-5, 2019
– [Small Business Week Awards](https://www.sba.gov/national-small-business-week/small-business-person-year) – May 5, 2019
Check out the [full list of Small Business Week 2019 events](https://www.sba.gov/national-small-business-week/events) and participate in those that interest you the most.
## The Importance of Follow-Up
In an interview with SCOTTeVEST founder Scott Jordan, he reveals the “one reason for my success” – following up on every opportunity that comes his way. Jordan explains how follow-up is essential in nearly every aspect of your business, whether it is customer and advertising inquiries or daily business operations. Here are Scott Jordan’s top 6 tips for successful follow-up:
1. Make a plan and stick to it
2. Use technology to help you stay organized
3. Be persistent but not annoying
4. Don’t be afraid to be creative
5. Personalize your follow-up
6. Always follow through
Listen to the [informative audio interview](http://www.smarthustle.com/follow-up-the-most-powerful-tool-for-your-small-business-success/) and start implementing these tips to improve your business success.
## New Tool to Generate PR Buzz
The PR process can be messy, but a new tool called Babbler aims to improve it. Babbler works like a social media site and helps to connect business marketers with right reporters who are looking to cover stories on that topic. The result – reporters get content they need to make great stories, and businesses get the media coverage they are looking for. Learn how [Babbler can help you generate buzz about your business](http://www.smarthustle.com/babbler-can-help-business-pr/) and start using it to your advantage.
## It’s Time to Grow Your Business
In a video interview, Ramon Ray gets the opportunity to chat with Amanda Holmes, CEO of the business growth company Chet Holmes International. The video is full of tips on how to take your business to the next level. Here are Amanda Holmes’ top 5 rules for business growth:
1. Focus on the top 20%
2. Use the power of education-based marketing
3. Implement the Dream 100 strategy
4. Leverage technology
5. Prioritize your time
Read the [full article](http://www.smarthustle.com/5-rules-of-business-growth/) and start following these rules to grow your business and achieve success.
What Small Business Week events will you be participating in? Which interview are you going to check out first? Let us know in the comments and visit [SmartHustle.com](http://www.smarthustle.com/) for more help with your small business questions.