In the world of marketing, the phrase “content is king” has been heard so much that it has become a cliché. However, there is truth to this statement as content has now become the primary way for businesses to grab their customers’ attention. Outbound methods such as direct advertising and cold calling are no longer as effective as they used to be. According to some reports, about 40% of the labor force worked from home in the summer of 2020. This means that the opportunity to reach out to potential customers with great content has now become bigger than ever.
However, with the sheer amount of content available, it can be difficult to make yours standout and turn readers into paying customers. To achieve this, the first step is to produce better quality content than your competitors. Then, to further diversify your content, below are five ways that can help your content appeal to your audience.
1. Start a Podcast: Podcasts are not new, yet their popularity has exploded in recent years due in part to the ease of consuming audio content while performing other tasks. According to some surveys, about 37% of the population listens to at least one podcast each month. This makes podcasts an excellent way for businesses to tap into an already waiting audience. You can choose to start your own podcast or sponsor a podcast related to your niche. It is essential to use podcasts to deliver value to your audience rather than using it as an opportunity to pitch your products.
2. Turn Blog Posts into Video: Long-form blog posts are the backbone of many businesses’ content marketing strategies. However, the opportunities for wider content creation are lost once the blog posts are published. A smart way to leverage your blog content is by turning them into videos. Creating videos is a great way to engage a broader audience as people enjoy watching videos more than reading. According to a report, 87% of marketers who leverage video marketing have seen a drastic increase in website traffic.
3. Host an Online Event: Hosting an online event is an excellent way to facilitate live interaction with your audience, regardless of their location or individual circumstances. Online events can range from webinars to live streams. To diversify your content further, you can record the event and publish it as a series of videos, write a detailed blog post on what was discussed or release it as a podcast.
4. Develop a Social Media Strategy: Social media is likely already part of your content marketing plan. However, to continue earning your audience’s attention, you need to develop a social media strategy that delivers diversity in forms of content and the platform on which it is hosted. Expanding your platform usage not only provides you access to a wider audience but also engages your current audience in new ways. Each piece of content should be tailored to the platform you are publishing on.
5. Conduct Your Own Research for a Whitepaper: A well-researched and delivered whitepaper can help increase your authority in your niche. Whitepapers provide a deep dive into a specific area of interest and not only discuss current issues but also offer possible solutions. By offering expert opinions on the solution, they can also be used to position yourself as the best business to help your customer solve that problem when it occurs.
Diversifying your content does not necessarily mean producing entirely new content. Instead, it means finding new ways to deliver and engage your audience with your content. By implementing these five ways, your content can stand out and convert readers into paying customers.