# Smart Hustle Recap: Tips for Growing Your Business
Are you looking for ways to improve your business? As a business owner, you know that there are many small details to consider when growing your business. In this edition of the Smart Hustle Recap, we will share tips on a few of these areas that are sometimes neglected as you focus on the bigger picture. We will cover advice on how to establish a positive and supportive culture in your business, how to train your team to use analytics, and how to improve your point of sales experience. Rounding out the list is an interview with an artist who shares tips for how creatives can build their business.
## Establishing Culture in Your Business
Culture is what differentiates those companies where the employees love to come to work from those where the employees dread ‘punching in.’ As a business owner, it is essential to think carefully about the kind of culture and the core values you want the business to represent. The culture you establish will be reflected in how your employees feel about their job, which will then be reflected down to the customers.
So, how do you establish a positive and supportive culture in your business? Here are four tips to get you started:
– Define your core values and make sure they are communicated to employees.
– Hire employees who share your values and fit in with your company culture.
– Encourage open communication, collaboration, and teamwork among employees.
– Recognize and reward employees who demonstrate your company’s values.
Read more about how to build a rock-solid company culture [here](http://www.smarthustle.com/how-to-build-a-rock-solid-company-culture/).
## Making Analytics Work for Your Business
Business data provides valuable insights into how to improve your business, but many times, business owners collect data and then aren’t sure what to do with it. Ideally, analytics should be the driving force behind the decisions you make, and all employees should understand how to use analytics.
Here are four training tips that will teach your whole team how to use analytics effectively:
– Start with the basics and make sure all team members understand the purpose of analytics.
– Use real-world examples to demonstrate how analytics can be used to improve business decisions.
– Make analytics training an ongoing process and encourage team members to ask questions.
– Provide team members with the right tools and resources to analyze data effectively.
Read more about how to train your team in better analytics [here](http://www.smarthustle.com/train-team-better-analyzing-analytics/).
## Upgrading the Point of Sales Experience
The point of sales is that final moment in the journey where a person officially becomes a customer. Think now to the point of sales experience in your business – does it positively add to the customer’s experience or does it hurt your chance of making a sale?
Here are some tips for improving the point of sales experience:
– Upgrade your point of sales technology to make the process more efficient and enjoyable for customers.
– Empower your sales staff to provide excellent customer service and make personalized recommendations.
– Offer incentives and rewards to customers who make purchases at the point of sales.
Read more about how to improve the point of sales experience [here](http://www.smarthustle.com/3-ways-to-improve-the-point-of-sale-experience/).
## Business Tips for Artists
Artists are entrepreneurs, and they must learn how to build their business if they want to be successful. In an interview with Crista Cloutier, an artist herself, she shares tips for how people in creative industries can plan out their business and execute their marketing.
Here are some tips for artists who want to build their business:
– Develop a business plan that includes your vision, mission, and goals.
– Build a brand that represents your unique style and aesthetic.
– Network with other artists and industry professionals to build connections and learn from others.
– Use social media and other marketing channels to promote your work and build a following.
Read more about business tips for the creative industries [here](http://www.smarthustle.com/business-tips-for-the-creative-industries-an-interview-with-crista-cloutier-of-the-working-artist/).
Successful business owners know they have to pay attention to those important details, including creating a positive culture, listening to analytics, and giving customers a good point of sales experience. What little details in your business could use some TLC? Chances are you’ll find the tips and advice you need on [SmartHustle.com](http://www.smarthustle.com/).