# **The Beginner’s Guide to Google Posts for Local Businesses**
Did you know that every second, more than 56,000 searches are conducted on Google? And the majority of these searches are done on smartphones. For business owners trying to reach local customers, this presents a tremendous opportunity, but only if they can be found in the search results.
In recent weeks, you may have noticed special offers or other content on the right side of the first page of Google search results when searching for local businesses. Curious about what lies behind these up-to-date business posts? You’re not alone.
## Introducing Google Posts
This new feature, dubbed Google Posts, allows businesses to create content directly on Google. The content then appears prominently in Google search results when people search for the business name. It’s a win-win situation for both consumers and businesses.
Consumers benefit by receiving fresh and timely content from companies, without the need to dig through pages of website content. On the other hand, local small to medium businesses (SMBs) gain increased visibility through this free marketing tool, which was previously available only to elite organizations like celebrities and politicians.
## The Importance of Google Posts for SMBs
With 82 percent of shoppers turning to search engines to find information about local businesses, according to Google, it’s critical for SMBs to take control of the content that appears on the first page of search results. Google Posts provides an opportunity for SMBs to showcase their offerings and engage with potential customers directly on Google.
## Creating Your First Google Post
To get started with Google Posts, you first need to claim your business location on Google My Business (GMB). Once you have claimed your location, you can control the messaging that appears inside your business profile on the first page of search results. Here’s how you can create your first Google Post:
1. Go to your GMB dashboard and navigate to the Posts tab.
2. Craft a compelling headline that inspires action. You have 58 characters to grab the attention of your audience, so choose your words wisely.
3. Make your post visually appealing by adding vibrant images or videos. Ensure they are well-lit and high-quality, with dimensions of 720 pixels tall by 720 pixels wide in JPG or PNG format.
4. Keep your post brief and concise, focusing on the necessary details. While you have up to 1,500 characters for the post details, the ideal length is between 150-300 characters.
5. Choose a clear call-to-action (CTA) that guides users to take the desired action. Examples of effective CTAs include “Buy Now,” “Learn More,” “Call,” or “Visit.”
By following these best practices, you can create compelling Google Posts that capture the attention of potential customers and drive them to take action.
## Making the Most of Your Google Post
To maximize the impact of your Google Post, here are a few additional tips to consider:
– Use transition words to guide readers smoothly from one point to another.
– Utilize active voice to make your content more engaging and impactful.
– Format your response using headings, subheadings, bullet points, and bold to organize the information and make it easier to read.
– Aim for a minimum of 900 words to provide comprehensive and valuable information to your readers.
– Incorporate keywords from the post title throughout your content to improve search engine optimization (SEO).
## Taking Your Google Presence to the Next Level
In addition to Google Posts, there are other digital marketing strategies that can help boost your online presence and grow your business. Here are a few key strategies to consider:
1. Developing an impactful website: An effective website is crucial for online marketing. Consider creating an e-commerce site if you sell products, as it can significantly boost your sales and online reputation.
2. Implementing search engine optimization (SEO): SEO involves various techniques to improve your website’s visibility on search engine results pages. By optimizing your site with relevant keywords and high-quality content, you can attract more organic traffic and potential customers.
3. Monitoring keyword trends: To increase awareness of your local business, it’s essential to stay updated on the keywords consumers are typing into Google. Google’s Keyword Planner is a valuable tool for identifying relevant keywords and integrating them into your messaging, website, and paid advertising campaigns.
4. Implementing a paid digital marketing strategy: Consider investing in paid social media advertising and search engine marketing to target and engage with your customers effectively. A well-executed digital marketing strategy can significantly improve business awareness among local customers and drive traffic to your physical store.
By combining these strategies with Google Posts, local businesses can elevate their online presence, reach a wider audience, and ultimately, achieve greater success in the market.
In this beginner’s guide, we explored the power of Google Posts for local businesses. We discussed how businesses can leverage this free marketing tool to connect with potential customers directly on Google’s search results page. By following best practices, creating engaging content, and implementing other digital marketing strategies, SMBs can take control of their online presence and attract more customers.
Remember, the internet provides a promising opportunity for business growth, and digital marketing is the key to unlocking that potential. So, take advantage of Google Posts and other tools available to you, and watch your business thrive in the digital landscape.
Now that you have a better understanding of Google Posts and its benefits, it’s time to start creating compelling content that captures the attention of your target audience. Get ready to make a splash in the digital world and drive meaningful results for your business!