# How to Speak Confidently and Command a Room Like a CEO
In the business world, it’s essential to be able to speak confidently and effectively to command a room and make a lasting impression. Dr. Laura Sicola, founder of Vocal Impact Productions, offers vocal coaching to help founders and executives become confident communicators. Here are some tips from Laura to help entrepreneurs speak like a CEO and make a lasting impact.
## Importance of Effective Communication
In today’s business world, effective communication is key not only for attracting investors but also for gaining the trust of customers and employees. Investors want to see that founders have the leadership skills necessary to run a successful company. Customers and employees need to trust the person behind the company logo before they buy into the products or services being offered.
## Tips for Commanding a Room and Speaking like a CEO
### 1. Establish Your Goal
– Start with the end in mind.
– Consider the cognitive, behavioral, and emotional impact of your presentation.
– Set clear goals for what you want your audience to think, understand, or feel at the end of your presentation.
### 2. Cultivate the Right Qualities
– Consider the different situations and audiences you may encounter.
– Tailor your demeanor to match the context and your audience’s expectations.
– Identify the qualities you need to project to achieve your desired outcomes.
### 3. Assess and Measure Your Baseline
– Record yourself on video to assess your current communication skills.
– Identify any habits or speech patterns that may be undermining your ability to command a room.
– Focus on creating a strong message and presentation that supports your goals.
### 4. Improve Your Delivery
– Consider your audience’s level of understanding and cater to their needs.
– Focus on conveying the “why” behind your message to inspire and engage your audience.
– Pay attention to your delivery, including pace, clarity, and punctuation.
– Control issues such as vocal fry and uptalk by using proper breathing techniques and inserting the right punctuation in your speech.
By following these tips and working on both the content and delivery of your speech, you can learn to command a room and speak like a CEO with confidence and authority. It’s essential to communicate effectively to make a lasting impact in the business world. If you can master these skills, you can become a more successful leader and speaker.
*This article is based on an interview between Nathan Beckord and Dr. Laura Sicola on an episode of Foundersuite’s [How I Raised It](https://soundcloud.com/user-2586856/ep-263-how-i-raised-it-with-laura-sicola-of-vocal-impact-productions?si=8157fd69ca7f4e7a8c6668205b787543&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing) podcast.*