Hiring a new employee for your small business is a crucial task that should not be taken lightly. In today’s digital age, with the plethora of platforms, services, and options available, finding the right fit for your company can be overwhelming. Fortunately, technology has revolutionized the hiring process, offering various apps that can streamline and expedite the process. In this beginner’s guide, we will explore four hiring apps that we love and think you will too, helping you to find the perfect candidate for your business.
ZipRecruiter: Casting a Wide Net for Top Talent
If you’re a rapidly growing small business and find yourself competing with larger enterprises for top talent, ZipRecruiter is the ideal hiring app for you. This versatile app offers all the essential features like job posting, candidate screening, recruiting, application tracking, and interviewing. What sets ZipRecruiter apart is its AI tool, Candidate Calibration, which expedites the hiring process by notifying you only of potential hires who meet your specific criteria. Here are some notable features of ZipRecruiter:
– Responsive mobile app for on-the-go application management
– Post to over 100 job boards simultaneously
– Easy candidate screening and rating
– Reusable job slots for effortless job posting
– Pre-screen interview questions to save time
– Social media integration for maximum exposure
While ZipRecruiter offers exceptional features, it’s important to note that their pricing reflects the value they provide. The plans start at $249 per month for one job posting. However, if you’re seeking that one special candidate, ZipRecruiter might just be the perfect solution for you.
Zoho Recruit: Simple and Customizable Applicant Tracking
Whether you’re already using Zoho products or new to the brand, Zoho Recruit is an excellent choice for your hiring needs. Specifically designed for small businesses, this applicant tracking software allows you to create and track job openings, filter resumes, and find qualified candidates. Zoho Recruit is particularly useful for those dipping their toes into hiring for the first time. Let’s take a look at some of the features that make Zoho Recruit stand out:
– User-friendly interface that is highly customizable
– Social media integrations for sourcing candidates from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
– Tracking feature to keep multiple users updated on the hiring process
In addition to its user-friendly capabilities, Zoho Recruit offers a competitive pricing structure. With a 15-day free trial, monthly plans start at just under $25, providing excellent value for small businesses.
Breezy HR: Streamlining the Hiring Process for SMBs
Designed specifically for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), Breezy HR is a cloud-based recruiting and applicant tracking system aimed at saving you valuable time. By automating tasks like advertising on over 50 job boards, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, and follow-ups, Breezy HR helps simplify and streamline the hiring process. Let’s explore some of the notable features of Breezy HR:
– Quick and efficient candidate filtering and shortlisting
– Chrome extension for easily adding applicants from Breezy to LinkedIn
– Drag-and-drop pipeline feature for customizable applicant management
– Hiring analytics to ensure only qualified candidates are considered
– Automated emails for application status updates and interview times
– Video interview feature for seamless remote communication
Breezy HR also offers flexible pricing options, with a free trial to hire your first position. If you need to expand your team further, plans start at $149 per month, providing everything you need to find the perfect candidate.
UpWork: The Power of Freelancers for Short-term Projects
If you’re seeking assistance but not yet ready to commit to hiring a full-time employee, UpWork is the ideal platform to find highly skilled and specialized freelancers. Freelancers can be an excellent solution for short- or long-term projects, serving as a great way to test the waters before committing to a permanent hire. UpWork simplifies the process of hiring freelancers with its comprehensive features:
– Job success score and feedback on past projects to evaluate freelancers
– Skills tests to determine the qualifications of potential candidates
– A unified platform for posting jobs, conducting interviews, and hiring
– Multiple payment options and payment protection for peace of mind
– Generation of Form 1099-MISC tax documents, easing the administrative burden
The best part about UpWork is that posting job ads and hiring freelancers is completely free, making it an attractive option for small businesses seeking cost-effective solutions.
In conclusion, choosing the right hiring app for your small business is a critical step in finding the perfect employee. ZipRecruiter, Zoho Recruit, Breezy HR, and UpWork are all fantastic options, each offering unique features to streamline and expedite the hiring process. Whether you’re seeking top talent, customizable applicant tracking, time-saving automation, or specialized freelancers, these apps provide an array of benefits to meet your specific needs. With the help of these advanced technologies, finding the right candidate for your small business has never been easier.